Fall is on the way! Try this spin on a cold weather favorite!
Servings: 6, 16 oz servings
1) In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3) Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, coriander and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, if using, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
5) Serve immediately with avocado, if desired
Nutrition Info (per 16 oz serving): 414 calories / 11 g fat / 70 g carbs / 15 g fiber / 16 g protein